Monday, December 27, 2010

advice to a friend (saved for future use to save typing because no one really reads this blog)

A man's got to know his limitations. Or as the hawk said in Stuart Little, "A mouse has to know his limitations."

the finding the checks things is teachable. I'll explain it in a second, but first let me say that my son Clay "lost" his cell phone in a similar way. I employed by methodology, found it, stood in the middle of the room with the phone in my palm facing up, like a waiter offer a drink, and Clay rushed around the room whining at the universe, until my laughter brought him to look in my hand.

Here's how it goes. . . .

Thoughts are things. And, Ms. Math Teacher, therefore, things are thoughts.

Why can't you find a thought? Because you are frustrated. Your anxiety about the thing for which you are looking prevents you from finding it because it is resonating with an energy unlike that which you are emitting to the universe.

Some simple steps to take when you can't find something:
do some relaxation breaths (tell the Karate Coach to find his chi he first must make his daughters laugh), their laughter will then lead him to the lost object

recognize that logical thinking got you in trouble, therefore logical thinking (e.g. pawing through the garbage bag by bag) will not get you out. It's like trying to dig your way out of the whole. Therefore, the most obvious place to look is the opposite spot of the place you're looking. I do this all the time while passing out papers. I'll hold up a paper for Mr. Edwards, scan the room for him, then recognize that he is right next to me.

Here's the biggie of all biggies: the reason you can't find something is that God is hiding it from you and he wants you to patiently look for it, find and learn His lesson, and then you will find it.

Your husband's lesson is that his wife loves him. That love is right in his pocket and all he has to do is look there.


I've paused for a moment to try and figure out how he, you, we can get him to look in his pocket for love. I'm guessing that if you tried some Secret method that he'd resist and be out the door. But what if your daughter got in on the conspiracy. Pick the right kid to give him a little rock with the word LOVE on it, and have her tell him to squeeze it 100 times to day, and it just might work.

I've been giving my GRATITUDE rock a work out, and it works with incredible frequency. I could map out my day with GPS points set for blessed intervention by God but the first stop is even before I open my eyes, when I say Thank You God, Thank You God, Thank You God over and over again. It puts me on God's timeline and I can see in every blessed or not so blessed moment that whatever happens is okay; God is revealing himself moment by moment throughout the day. In the sanding truck, in the students I encounter at the mall, in the moment I wait, return to answer what otherwise might be an annoying obstruction, but engage it with a smile, then return to my presumed path to find that "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus."

Finally, to the Bible: read it like a road map, my dear, it's the best book ever written by a long shot. The Law of Attraction is all over it, but also under it, in that, at least when you consider the work of Jesus himself, and weed out all the lesser prophets, He's right about everything. And if you think I'm in your head; just wait until Jesus gets in your head.

Good luck with the hubbie. If you can suffer through one last bit of advice, try to lead his energy to goodness when possible and get out of the way of his energy when it's destined for darkness.

No comments: