Saturday, December 25, 2010

God Sent Me--Part I

"Nothing is too small to Me. The sparrow is of greater value than a palace, one kindly word of more importance than a statesman's speech."

Here's a note I wrote to a surprised women at the grocery store for whom I purchased her groceries on Christmas Eve after a long series of bad luck had beset her and her family.

Sorry to astonish you and then inadequately express myself last night. I have a long explanation for the comment, which I admit is rather brash--"God sent me".

For now, here's a short one. God Answers Prayers. I could see in your heart, through my faith, that you were praying for help. I trusted my instincts, which I hope and pray are grounded in a faith in Jesus and not my own very faulty self. Therefore, I "paid forward" to you that which God has all ready granted to me in the form of some relative good fortune.

Perhaps this was a selfish grab for a feeling of Christmas joy on my behalf, but I cried as I walked out to my car, which tells me that I really meant to work on God's behalf from the bottom of my heart.

Yes, I really meant that God sent me.

I admit it.

I see God working from moment to moment on a daily basis. I'm sure you read the Bible frequently for the strength and security it offers through the toughest times, as do I. So as a final gift for Christmas, may I direct your attention to the Book of Matthew, chapter 7, verse 7.
Ask, and you shall receive. Seek, and ye shall find. Knock, and it will be answered.

I'll let you read it and re-read it. It's a good one to copy out at the top of a page in your gratitude journal. When I have combined intense feelings of gratitude with a prayer to God, I find that it really is true: GAP--God Answers Prayers.

Sorting out the "no" answers from the "yes" ones is our God-given responsibility. But it's fun.
I still offer any help to you and your fun family any time you like. Because I have gone through several cell phones recently, I would ask that you call me (but not for a few days). Have fun with Matt 7:7. Play and pray. Pray and play.

No comments: